7.25.2006

big gay oprah

ok, so oprah denies she and her lover gayle are gay...but i absolutely love how freakin' queer she sounds in O magazine... and I quote: "I understand why people think we're gay. There isn't a definition in our culture for this kind of bond between women. So I get why people have to label it: 'How can you be this close without it being sexual?'" And here's what Gayle had to say - "The truth is, if we were gay, we would tell you, because there's nothing wrong with being gay." (thanks gayle...i wasn't sure 'til now) But Oprah does admit that her friendship with Gayle is unique, saying that they often talk on the phone four times a day when they're not in the same city. She added: "Something about this relationship feels otherworldly to me, like it was designed by a power and a hand greater than my own. (here comes my favorite part) Whatever this friendship is, it's been a very fun ride." ha!!! i'm sure it has you dirty girl, i'm sure it has. now give me my new car...i'd like a free ride too.

2 Comments:

Blogger lex said...

i deleted my first post because there was a typo. can't have that. anyway...right on Oprah and Gayle. you two aren't gay because you're queer! welcome!
you rock student advisor!
i linked you to my page...link me back!
peace,
student advisee

8:18 AM  
Blogger emilychavez said...

my favorite part is the "otherworldliness" of their "friendship". i think gayle's theme song should be "i'll do all the things your man won't do...i'll do them for youuuuuuu!"

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home